23 January, 2013

Pure christmas.


Hey! 

Last 10 weeks (with 2 weeks of holiday in it) I worked on 2 projects at school. It was hectic, but I liked it. 

The first was 'Christmas'. The theme for this year's christmas decorations where: 'Where do YOU get inspired by?'. Since I worked with 5/6 others, we are all studying at the same school, but we aren't studying the same. Sounds kinda weird, but I'm studying to become a windowdresser, an another was studying to become a stand builder/constructer/designer, an another was studying to become an interior designer... 3 different studies, but it has the same basic. I think it was a good experience. Soooo, we had this assignment, to decorate a piece of the canteen at school. We made 4 huge letters that where forming the word 'SNOW'. The O became a snow bowl, the kind that if you shake it, the 'snow' is falling afterwards (in the O). 


Luckily I had a team mate that was a really good maker of huge objects, so he made with a few others the letters, while I was with someone else making the words on it (yes there are words on it). Those are made of stickers, printed and we had al the words stuck on, one by one. It was hell, but it turned out nicely. I'm really proud of my team mates :). 

The second project, it was braided through it. I didn't really like this part, where we had to do projects in the same amount of time, where we usually do one project. The project was called 'Pure'. We had to reuse and recycle materials (we where allowed to buy new materials, but the thought was: think about the planet, start with yourself). In the first week we all had to choose a brand that was eco-friendly or in someway good for the planet/people or anything. We got a list with brands and we where allowed to search one ourselves, so I 'searched' for an another, less famous brand. Or at least a brand that was less famous in Holland. Even though we had to work in teams, I was alone, which I didn't mind, because I could count on a friend of mine. She was unfortunately ill, so I had to do it on my own. I haven't got any pictures of the kick-off moodboard, to my regret... Well I've got some pictures of my end products. I'm going to show you just a few pictures, I'll show you more in other message's so you don't have to read more than necessary, haha.


 Lookbook. 

 Presentation. 


Stand idea.

It was a weird time, but I like some aspects of what I've made. Hahaha. Well I'll tell you more in another post. Well, I'm leaving... 

Love!

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment