29 January, 2013

Bracelets


Hi there!!

Last saturday I bought yarn at a local shop, it was really cheap... I always wanted to make those friendship bracelets, I'll show you what I mean:


I was looking around for a description, because I had no clou how to make them. So I searched a bit on google and I found a good description (for the people who speak dutch: Knutselsite.be, you can find a description, in dutch)

Well what you do: you take 3 or 4 pieces of yarn (about 1,5 m long.) and you just put it in to. Do not cut it!!!! That's what you see on the first image.


The second thing you do is put a knot in it, please note that there is space left to knot it around you're wrist.


The third thing you do is put them apart like this, so you can knot them the right way:


Then, the fourth step. This is pretty easy. You put the first string of yarn over the second thing of yarn, when you've done that, it goes back. You put it back underneath the same piece of yarn. You do it with every piece of yarn, until the middle, then you start on the other side, doing the same until the middle.





As last: in the middle you put those pieces of yarn together and bind it. 

Well when you've done that with every color, you can make it as long as you want. This is how it looks like! 


I really like those bracelets. I've been making a few myself and I'm just wearing them. The fun part is that they survive for a long time! My bracelets are still looking good after like an half a year!! 

What do you think about it?

Love, 
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment